Subscribe Now
Forgot Password?

Weekly News, Analysis, and Commentary

Company News Feature

Courtesy of Morrison Healthcare Twitter Account

Small Town Hospital Wins Tops Quality Award

Biloine W. Young • Tue, November 14th, 2017

Print this article

Chambersburg Hospital in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania, opened its doors to patients in 1895. It has been winning awards ever since.

For the seventh consecutive year HealthGrades has named the Chambersburg Hospital one of America’s best hospitals for orthopedic, coronary intervention, pulmonary care, and critical care for 2018. The awards do not stop there.

To produce its rankings Healthgrades evaluated nearly 4,500 hospitals nationwide for 34 of the most common inpatient procedures and conditions. The findings were released in the Healthgrades 2018 Report to the Nation.

“The awards further demonstrate Chambersburg Hospital’s commitment to provide the best care possible to our local community. Of course, none of it would happen without the hard work by every one of our staff members,” said Patrick O’Donnell, president and CEO of Summit Health.

Chambersburg Hospital may soon run out of wall space on which to hang its awards. The hospital also received the Healthgrades Coronary Intervention Excellence Award, which placed the hospital in the top 5% in the nation for those procedures. It was named among the top 5% for cardiology services. The hospital received Healthgrades’ Orthopedic Surgery Excellence Award, placing it among the top 10% in the nation for overall orthopedic services.

Chambersburg received multiple recognitions within the neurosciences area, including the Stroke Care Excellence Award, which recognizes the top 5% in the nation for the treatment of stroke. In addition it received the Pulmonary Care Excellence Award, placing it among the top 5% for overall pulmonary services as well as the Gastrointestinal Care Excellence Award. The hospital was named among the top 10% for both overall GI services as well as GI medical treatment.

Additionally, Chambersburg Hospital is the recipient of the Critical Care Excellence Award, and is named among the top 5% of hospitals nationwide for critical care.

The complete Healthgrades 2018 Report to the Nation and detailed study methodology can be found at www.healthgrades.com/quality.

Send to a Friend

The article link will be sent to the email address you provide

Your Name (required)

Your Email (required)

Friend's Email (required)

Comments

Leave a Reply

Name

Email Address (will not be published)

Website

Comment: